ABOUT MINA:

Mina is a precious little girl recently rescued from an orphanage in Eastern Europe who is now finally home with her forever family! She had been without a mother or father to love her & care for her each day. No one to rock her, kiss her gently or tell her she's loved. She is blessed with an extra chromosome known as Down syndrome, which for her that meant a life of being viewed as worthless in the country she was born into & a life without hope. Because of this her parents gave her up at the age of 6 months when they found out the diagnosis & from there her life progressivly went down hill. We are the Gower family residing in OKC who recently adopted this little angel. She was extremely malnourished and unable to do just about anything when we first met her. She will be 2 in January & is the size of a 3-6 month old weighing 14lbs. She continues to amaze us at how quickly she is progressing with love and nutrition. She has learned to sit up, roll over, feed herself finger foods, hold her own bottle and loves to interact with toys and other children. Her life has changed so much in such a short period of time and will forever be changed! Thank you Lord for putting a burden on our hearts to rescue this little blessing and making her apart of our family!

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Heavy Hearted

My heart is hurting so badly for these little ones in the world. My eyes are filled with tears. My mind and thoughts feel so jumbled. Oh how I wish I could change the life of so many more. Lord what can I do to make a bigger impact for these children?


So many little ones all over the world just wanting the love of a mommy and daddy. And I believe with all my heart everyone of them deserve it.

I read a story today of a friend who is in the process of bringing their little one home, and the stories just break my heart so much. A mom goes to the orphanage every day to see her son because they wouldn’t let her leave the hospital with him, and she doesn’t want to give him up but there is no hope for her to bring him home. She is hoping a family will come adopt him and love him. I just couldn’t imagine having to give my baby up. That is something I would Never be able to do. I couldn’t imagine my life without Myla in it. I couldn’t imagine having to put her in a place like that and the thoughts that would haunt me for the rest of this earthly life.

She also told a story about a little 3-4 yr old girl running up wrapping her arms around her leg and saying momma momma. These little ones just long to have a family. She said they feel like celebrities at the orphanage because all the children want to run up to them. It’s like they try their best to get noticed and to get picked, and children shouldn’t have to work for their parents approval. Could you imagine if we had to work for God’s approval? God loves us regardless of our screw ups, and he accepts us just as we are.

Everything that was once important doesn’t at all seem so important anymore. Jim and I have been anti-debt and always worked so hard to just buy what we had cash for, and our next goal was going to be working on getting our house paid off as quickly as we could. The debt of taking in Mina as our daughter is 100% a debt we are willing to accept. The expenses to get her, the medical bills and physical therapy once home. Whatever it may be I believe with all my heart God ALWAYS PROVIDES! He always has and always will! I will let my mind rest in peace knowing and trusting that.

Who cares, who cares if we never get a better car or bigger home. So what if we never get to buy fancy things, or eat expensive meals. Who cares if we never get to travel and see the world. Does all that really matter so much anyways? I just can’t think of the pain these babies are feeling and think that any of that is more important than the lives of these kids.

I praise God for ADOPTING us into His family! Where would we be without him? He sacrificed a great price to buy us, and we are willing to sacrifice and pay the price to have Mina as our daughter to join our family Forever! Just as I never have to wonder if the Lord is my Forever father…. She will never again have to wonder about having a mother and father. Oh how I can’t wait for that day to come! I’m so ready to bring her home. Please process go quickly!

No comments: